Who needs to complete Form 1583?
Anyone wishing to obtain the service of a third-party mail service to handle their correspondence and packages is required to complete the USPS Form 1583. This form essentially allows the third-party servicer to handle mail on your behalf. The third-party is known as a Commercial Mail Receiving Agent or CMRA for short. USPS Form 1583 applies to both businesses and individuals.
Where can i obtain a copy of USPS Form 1583?
You can download USPS Form 1583 from this link: USPS 1583. If you prefer, a hard copy can be obtained from any USPS local office as well.
USPS Form 1583 instructions
Sections 1 and 2 are required to be completed by the person or business representative that wishes to obtain the service of a CMRA. The CMRA completes section 3.
- Box 1: Enter the date of filling out the form
- Box 2: Enter individual’s or business representative’s name
- Box 3: Enter the address you received from Transdail when you signed up for mail forwarding
- Box 4: LEAVE BLANK
- Box 5: Authorized person will need to sign here
- Boxes 6 & 7: If this address is shared with other people/business, enter their details here
- Box 8: Mark which forms of identification are being submitted for verification. One of the IDs must be a photo ID (for business accounts, authorized agent must submit a photo ID)
- Box 9: Fill only if you are a business
- Boxes 10a-10e: Provide CMRA information
- Box 11: Describe the nature of your business
- Box 12: If additional parties are using the address, their information must be entered here
Submission guidelines for USPS Form 1583
Form 1583 must be notarized. After completing the form, it must be scanned along with your IDs and forwarded to Transdail. We will complete our sections before submitting the form.
Acceptable forms of ID
- Vehicle registration from any state DMV
- State or any government issued ID, this includes driver’s licenses
- Mortgage, deed or lease
- Passport or Naturalization Certificate
- Voter ID
- Insurance policy declaration page issued to the individual or the business
Birth certificates or Social Security cards are not valid forms of IDs to complete the verification required for USPS Form 1583.